Saturday 7 March 2009

Model Clean-up

Well it looks like I stumbled onto a little problem with the help of a 3rd Year CGD student who is talented in Maya. The first was the fact that I have been making models using the 'old skool' model sheet method, which isn't used anymore, because the shoulder region of the model is placed in an extreme position, which can cause problems for rigging, and texturing. If I knew this sooner it would have saved time, but having the problem pointed out now, means we got time to tend to the problem, because of said problem, I had to edit the two models I already made to make sure that the shoulders were more defined. On top of that I also decided to smooth out the Frankie character model, as it was quite blocky, it still is to a certain extent, but looks far better. Another thing that had to be added to the model was extra devisions on the knees and elbows, this is very important when it gets to rigging and binding the model as there will be extreme deformations going on if there isnt enough devisions to counter-act the bend. So with all these problems addressed and fixed I can move onto the next character model now.

No comments:

Post a Comment